My Tweet Board

    Thursday, April 30, 2009

    I am conned by my boss

    this is not an angry statement. this is more like a super sian, disappointed and give up statement.

    after close to 2 months of waiting for a new project. i am finally getting to settle into the new environment. when i was being prepared for this new assignment, i was told the importance of the job and how crucial the client is to our company. so i need to go into this project, take over from my colleague who is going on 3 months leave, and do a good job.

    i was told that the team i am going to take over is a very responsible team and the team spirit is very good. they have been there for almost a year and are very happy. all these were true. the team was indeed good, very happy group of people, who enjoys their work and company. but my boss conveniently left out a very important point when i was briefed to take over.

    the team was promised to be transferred out to another project by Sep this year. that means, all the talk of me inheriting a good team, a team which is able to help me, is b----s---!

    and i only got to know this fact today when my team member asked me whether if i know they were all scheduled to leave in Sep. how was i suppose to answer them? i was in shocked myself.

    ex-colleagues in this company has told me before how the management works. i was naive or maybe i choose to be more trusting then. but now, i can’t help but believe they were ALL right. i just pray that God has a better calling for me, or maybe give me a better long-suffering ability.

    i can only look forward to my long weekend and stop thinking about this for a few days, till monday comes.

    3 comments:

    1. so you are to be there for 3 months only? that will end before sept right?

      dun think too much le, just enjoy yr assignment for now first bah. =)

      ReplyDelete
    2. i will be there till further notice. but the sian thing is even if i am going to stay, the team will be changed. that was not what i was set up for in the beginning.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I see... then i guess from now, u should start to pray that your new team will be an even greater team than the current one... you are the daniel in babylon remember? Grins~

      ReplyDelete