My Tweet Board

    Friday, July 31, 2009

    CHC 20th Anniversary

    Kless and I have been in CHC for slightly more than 7 years. That means we have been thru 35% of the glorious 20 years in CHC history. It is really an honor and blessing to be part of this wonderful family. I can never imagine what and where will we be if we have not made the tough decision to move on 7 years ago from our former church. But one thing for sure, we have matured a lot spiritually.

    I reflect on the past 7 years in CHC, I think besides the spiritual part, the other thing that I have gotten must be the precious friendships forged with so many different ones. Friends who have helped me grow as a leader, friends who have seen me down and up in the race, friends who have been with me right from the start till now.

    What have I learnt in this journey?

    I learnt to be giving, cos love is about giving and not receiving. I learnt about sacrifice. I learnt about accountability, this is one very important lesson, cos without accountability, we can never grow to take on bigger roles and responsibilities. I learnt much about true leadership, to lead is to influence. I learnt about the spirit of excellence.

    What have I gain from this journey?

    I married Klessis, we had our ROM and wedding ceremony both done in CHC. We had 2 wonderful girls in this journey. I cleared all my debts. I bought a car. I had more holiday trips in the past 7 years than the earlier 28 years. I fulfilled my life-long desire to study in SOT. I fulfilled another life-long dream to work as full-time in church for a period. I have a group of very close friends whom I will never trade for anything.

    Just like Pastor shared a few weeks ago, as we move into the next 20 years in CHC, this is really a crucial moment for us to reflect and grow stronger in the Lord. I can’t remember who said this before, but the longer we are in the Lord, the more we realized we need Him. If not for His guidance I would not have achieved all that I have now. But to think that this is just a small portion of what is in store for me ahead, I can’t help but be amazed and in awe. The church will grow on with or without me, but I do know, if I am on the boat, I will only stand to gain and not lose. I want to be part of what God is planning to do in CHC. That is why I need to get even more committed and closer to Him than ever before.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment