My Tweet Board

    Wednesday, June 3, 2009

    A story, A relationship

    before i started this new position in my current client’s place, i was interviewed by 2 ladies from the client’s office. the finance dept director and senior manager. obviously they like my answers and so i got the job.

    as usual, you don’t talk to your bosses a lot when you are relatively new in the work. so i kept very much to myself and my work. only interacting with my fellow colleagues. but today, i had a chance to step into the finance director’s office to update a case to her. the meeting was short, barely 5mins. but that short meeting strengthened the belief that she is a tough boss, demanding and no-nonsense type. fine with me, as long as i do my work, she doesn’t bother with me, status quo is good.

    then at the end of the day, i had another chance to talk to the senior manager. she was trying to explain a scenario in the office, how things are done and why are there so many changes. but the way she talked was more like telling a story. so the atmosphere was light and at times, fun. we were laughing, poking fun at some of the policies set in the office. i felt at the end of the session, the ice was broken. i no longer think she is far and distant. i believe the working relationship will be better as the days goes by.

    it’s amazing, how a little story telling can break ice among people and bring the relationship a step closer..

    No comments:

    Post a Comment