My Tweet Board

    Wednesday, April 14, 2010

    157

    tonight we went back to the kopitiam that was near to last house i stayed before i was married. the food is okay, tho the famous chicken rice stall and fishball noodle are no longer there. but the feeling is so nostalgic.

    after dinner, i took a stroll with Jayne. and just so naturally i walked towards my the flat i lived in for 16 years. with Jayne in my arms, the feeling is so warm, speaking softly to her, telling her this is papa’s old flat. this is where i grew up.

    walked the familiar staircase. walked past the round stone table at the void deck, remembered a time when 1 friend came and met me there after he broke up with his girlfriend. we drank beer and he smoked.

    went into the lift, ascended to the level so so familiar. stepping out into the common corridor, i saw myself in school uniform, slinging my bag, walking home after a tiring day in class.

    walked past the exact flat. peeked in. the living room is quite messy, very different from how i remembered it to be. they have added a lift just outside the unit. things looked a bit different. in fact, it’s very different. the feeling may be there, but yet there is a sense of unfamiliarity.

    i’m glad we have moved on. the future is going to be even better. cos i have my wife and 2 girls!

    2 comments: